Monday, February 06, 2006

Confessions of a Dior Addict


Being the faithful follower and avid collector of Dior trinkets that I am I have to admit I was in shock that I had not heard nor seen anything about the new beauty on the market. During my normal mid-afternoon Ebay browsing, I decided to search for Dior glosses. That was when I saw her. I nearly lost my lunch. How could this be? At first, I had to talk myself down. Thinking that only the Euro dames get to have this bauble all to them selves. At that point, I threw the expected tantrum and decided that I must have it *swallow* no matter the cost. I vowed long ago, never to let another desirable Dior goodie slip threw my well-manicured hands again. Called old, reliable: Sephora and of course they had it...for $70 BUCKS. I could not believe what I was hearing. Could it be one of my possible darlings was never gonna make itself at home among the many others that I have claimed? Le sigh! I said this one I will have to pass on. Out of sight out of mind, right? Until I happened to stop by Bloomie's to grab a bottle of Chanel nail polish in Vamp. SA told me they were out but to try the Dior counter if I am in need of a dark hue. I was like okay. What are chances that Bloomie's would have it and, if so, I must be strong and realize $70 is not worth it for lip gloss that I can wear on my wrist. I walk up to the counter, start to inquire about a dark shade of polish and there she was...all polished and glistening. Okay I say to myself. Get yourself together. You can do this. But the Dior demon popped up from out of nowhere and took a seat right on my shoulder popcorn, ready in hand. Is this reality I thought. All it did was utter four simple, little words: just try it on. So I obliged it. Just to "prove" that I could just walk away. Awww...heck once it hit my wrist I was done for. I glided to the checkout counter and yanked out my debit card. It wasn't me I tell ya…It was the one-armed man making the purchase. To this day, I will always say it wasn't me. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Heck what do you want from me? I have a problem and I refuse to seek help for my condition. Smooches.

No comments: