Wednesday, September 28, 2005

God Grant Me the Serenity

That prayer comes to mind lately. Why is everything and everyone working my nerves? Well what I should really say is: Why does not hurting anyone's feeling bother me anymore? Seriously, I am not the shuffle and jive girl I use to be. The older I get, the more I feel there is no need for kid gloves. I use to beat myself up if I ever thought that I had cut someone deep. Toss and turn all night. Praying for daylight, so I could apologize if I had not done it already. Now the thought of the fact that I might have hurt someone with my sharp tongue does not even warrent a bat of an eyelash. Which brings me back to the Serenity Prayer. I am trying to implement it into my life without adding the twist on the end:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to hide the dead bodies.